About Me

Welcome! My name is Matthew or Koopa. I enjoy art to quite an extent, I also enjoy planting and maintaining a tulip garden along with, of course, technology. Quite an odd array if I do say so myself. I have been painting (primarily oil on canvas) and sculpting (plaster and clay mediums) for around 15 years.

Monday, September 20, 2010

WE List Contemplations

I made a few modifications to my 2k list that I've had pretty decent success with. I have tournaments the next two weekends, they are no comp but as my army will be fully painted it should help with the soft score a bit. Two lists below I am considering, one with a treeman the other without any changes, ideas, thoughts, comments I could really use.

My thoughts:

The big differences are list 1 treeman : adds treesing (this would assist in allow the BSB and/or spellweaver who are hidden in the free wood to safely stay in position), a solid addition to combat to crack hordes that gives the BSB added value to the list overall and strangeroots. The scouts would pick up the role of a 2nd eagle and battle line disturbance and add 5 shots (27 shots + a strangle root in list 1) (34 shots in list 2).

List 2 ditches the scouts in favor of a few more glade guard and beefier dryad units and adds 6 warhawk riders, with vanguard and good charge range they will be charging war machines turn 2 regardless, I see this as a two part benefit - a) I feel the warhawks are sturdy enough to take some shooting and still be charging turn 2, with LoLife supporting them to boot. b) The fire drawn by the warhawk riders will be fire that is not going into either of the treekin units who will be used very aggressively.


Anyhow here is the list:




-Scouts are in because I came up 10 points short on core to swing the 2nd eagle. A bit more pricey, 5 extra shots and fill a similar role.. eh I can deal with it.

Noble and Spellweaver will hide in forest while TM treesings to keep it close to where they are needed. Dryads will stay close by in deployment in case one of them needs to look out into them. The rest is pretty straight forward.

1 Spellweaver -General - LoLife - Lvl4
1 Wand of Wych Elm
1 Talisman of Preservation

1 Wood Elf Noble -BSB
1 Armour of Destiny

2x10 Dryads

5 Glade Guard Scouts w/ Mu

10 Glade Guard w/Mu
11 Glade Guard w/Mu

2x6 Tree Kin

1 Great Eagle

1 Treeman


Alternate:

1 Spellweaver General - LoLife - Lvl 4
1 Wand of Wych Elm
1 Talisman of Preservation

1 Wood Elf Noble BSB
1 Armour of Destiny

2x12 Dryads

2x 14 Glade Guard w/ Mu

2x6 Tree Kin

6 Warhawk Riders

1 Great Eagle

1 comment:

  1. Not being a WE expert but I prefer the first one. You'll have some issues with magic defense and casting though with only 1 Lv4. Even with the Great Eagle you're going to have trouble against Warmachines but I think that's a problem of WE in general.

    It'll look pretty though :).

    ReplyDelete