About Me

Welcome! My name is Matthew or Koopa. I enjoy art to quite an extent, I also enjoy planting and maintaining a tulip garden along with, of course, technology. Quite an odd array if I do say so myself. I have been painting (primarily oil on canvas) and sculpting (plaster and clay mediums) for around 15 years.

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

An excerpt from Qingyuan

Before I had studied Zen for thirty years, I saw mountains as mountains, and waters as waters.
When I arrived at a more intimate knowledge, I came to the point where I saw that mountains are not mountains, and waters are not waters.
But now that I have got its very substance I am at rest.
For it's just that I see mountains once again as mountains, and waters once again as waters.


This really opened my eyes the first time I read it, I try to think of it daily. I hope that it will impact others as it did me.

No comments:

Post a Comment